Friday 15 August 2008

LOVE: WHAT IT MEANS TO ME?


As I am writing this post I am also thinking as to what am I going to write today, hunnnnn. Still thinking (looking at nowhere),,,, I feel like writing about Love. Yes that’s the apt topic for me just now. Though it will still be there after I ve written. Ok so here it goes,,,

What do I understand by this word? If you ask me… then I am the worst person to ask any thing bout that. But if u ask me how do I feel like…then you cant stop me expressing it. It all starts when actually u are a new born baby,,as innocent as the word itself. And the first person who takes care of u is your mom. When u r born u can not speak but still u understand ur first lesson on non verbal communication:) . U are so tender that when taken in hands u are cared again with the same innocence as expressed on ur face. The happiness on mom’s face is said to be a price less possession that any one can ever cherish for. Hopping and rolling in her hands or in her lap or even some times rolling all over on the bed,,, we grow. Similarly there stands a strict figure in front of us, who we feel is strong and strict, but actually he is soft from inside, just wanting to extend his hands to hold u and take u in his arms, but at times he avoids doing that. Yes he is our very own dad. Since child hood these important persons hold u where ever u go, till u are grown up. In this issue of mama nd papa, we have another very important person, who actually drives every one crazy,,, in my case she is my elder sister (Priyanka). Being elder to me she held the HE-MAN wala “I am the power” wali authority on me,,, always dictating me, what to do what not to do,,,always hanging around, fighting and then giggling. Oh yes my sis had been a head ache for me:P. But I had a great time being with her. Now that she is in Manipal I am not able to interact with her regularly. But the bond of love remains. These are all "unconditional" love. Innocent and pure and ever green.

As children we played around the house, running from one corner to another, disturbing the calmness of the environment. Getting angry with each other and then going to mummy to get the issues resolved,, then once the issues were resolved then again we couldnt help playing again,, relying with total faith on what mummy had sentenced in her judgment.

And playing involved what not!!!… from building houses of the pillows to being the super man in the house. I remember one such incidence: If uve seen a folding charpai, then folding it from only one side makes it a fisal patti from one side, the other half being flat. So what we did usually was to make a fisal patti, keeping it adjacent to a low level almira. Using a dupatta or a towel as the superman’s dress we stood upon the almira and subsequently jumped on our fisal patti. This was done turn by turn. The event usually ended by finally breaking the charpai. Another incident was of finding new path ways from our house,,,sounds crazy… (in haridwar). We played this game in extreme summers (during vacation), when there is loo and hot wind blowing out side. Me along with my sis used to take our small bicycle and with onions in our pocket, out in the sun just to find new parks, paths leading to (say) an old tattered house, or a place where an old lady used to live or any thing under the sun from doodh wala to a new found general shop. Every time a new establishment found then we had a great sense of achievement. The best part was of tracing our way back to our house. So every day we used to count the number of successes in terms of finding a new way to our house from the new public park (the on e we discovered) or the same old house etc etc............... We share a strong bond that no one can break,,, not even me (saying with the extreme faith I have on her). Another sister of mine who off late became one of my best friend (off late coz she lives in Kanpur and during my child hood I was in Haridwar, she is my chachu's daughter). So since the time I m in Kanpur she (saumya) is also a part of the bond that we all share, along with my another cousin (nd her bro) Ashu. Along with these three brother sister community, there are two more younger cousin,,,chunchun nd chavvi , who are small considering our average age. O k so I was talking bout Saumya. She is also very close to my heart. She had been a counsellor and a friend to me. I had been the same to her. I would never be able to get angry with her (me getting a bit emotional by now). I don’t know how,, but this is one of my weakness where in I can not afford to avoid a person, or not talk to him/her, or be angry for days , or any thing of such kind,,, for a long time. I do try it at times to emotionally black mail but at the end of it... every time I only have to give up,,coz I know I cant just live without talking to them. Same goes with some of my friends. So every time I try not to talk to them,, coz of any reason,, then at that time I m actually doing more harm to myself than to anyone else. And I must tell u its really hard if they do not talk (to me), due to any reason. People can actually take out life out of me by doing that, the only condition being that the person must have special place in my heart.

We all had spent a good amount of our days together seeing each other grow in leaps and bounds. Now all of us are scattered here and there, trying to make our future bright. But where ever we be the bond of love will always remain unaltered and untouched. How bad an organization might feel the tinge of people leaving the organization? Tht can be calculated in terms of ROI or the cost involved in hiring a new person. But how will I or nyone in my family feel when these sisters are actually going to leave us some day…(I m serious). The ROI stands out of question here. On that mood I stop here and in the spirit of RAKSHABANDHAN I wish to be the fevicol for them so that I am always bonded to there love and care, no matter where ever they are. And thus this is what love actually means to me, innocent and unconditional...

9 comments:

Ronald Weasley said...

Hellloow ..

I am so sorry for postin this comment reallly late :( .. Catching up (online) with all in the family, on account of rakhi ws taking up all my time n energy that day ...:( and ws not home all day yesterday ... just returned today :)
:D realllly sweeet memories, n beautifully repainted! I can almost visualize you and ur di setting out to explore new "establishments" .. just lifke the Secret Seven or the Famous ive kiddies on their bikes :D ...
And I totally know what it's like, to develop really close friendship with brothers n sisters u might have been separated from as a child, owing to large distances ... these relationships have their own beauty - part friendship, part blood bond ... a fine balance, really!
:D And about the "cant-remain-angry-with-people-I-love" wala bit ...! I know ... :) that is what is beautiful about these relationships, and these people .. coz everything else is secondary.. in fact, one of my own posts will be about such a brother - one of my favourites ... n one of the very few people, with whom all my "issues" go out of the window .. and I have to bow down (even if it's not logically right/ fair).. :P not coz of any other reason- but coz he is my brick, n i cant do without the knowledge that we ain't "katteee" ... tht's the beauty - not everyone in our lives has that place (or should have that place, for that matter).. those who do are special for our happy existence, and therefore they do ...

Ronald Weasley said...

And about the breed of Elder Sisters- Oh gawdd ... Guardian Angels :)
the substitute-mums! .. I tell u, we are so darn lucky to have elder sisters ... i certainly wudn't have wanted to be the eldest one myself .. coz the kind of sense of protection n love they offer u - it's priceless. And yeah, all the fun, the fights, the tears (u n ur sis sound pretty decent- me n my sis had proper ring-wars- where we fought a tooth for a tooth) .. the ganging up against the grown-ups .. to for our rights :P ! ... and yes, i have always wondered how this breed is always the calmer, the more mature ones in the family :) .. [despite their track record!] - told u where my sis slapped back her Math tutor :P ...
Those games that we played! - n ur he-man games remind me our very own, that we played with my brother ... we used to be he-man's ladies tho .. "Tyla" and "Evelyn" ... arrgh..while my bro was the He-MAn ...! at least u gave ur sis a fair chance to play the hero :D

Ronald Weasley said...

And what better wish could you ask for, than to act as the connecting glue for all your loved ones :) ..

Amen to that wish!
and Cheers to the spirit of Rakshabandhan!
[hey, u cud actually gift ur sisters this particular post, as a tribute to ur relationship n all the sweet memories, for rakhi this year!]

Ronald Weasley said...

PS. congrats for ur new template!..
How do u do all this
hi tech stuff :( :P !!!

Meggs said...

Sumeet...

you are a good and dutiful brother and i guess i knew a post with such emotions was due on rakhi from you.

well done, u def kept the bar high enough and do manage to out do it everytime....

rakhi... :) brings a smile doesnt it?

I guess nothing is left for me to say after having exhausted all sibling love on ron's blog, but well written brother. You can feel the love between the two of you, and i m sure Manipal or Mexico, m sure she can also feel the same love...

I wish i had a sister, (the need for which i now use ron to subsitute!!) who could take care of me...
Not that my brother hasnt done that.

Butttt... I realllly do like her name...PRIYANKA... andd would love to meet her.. i want to see the female version of sumeet :P :D

Anyway, to our brothers and sisters, who helped us all thru our lives, taught us the difference between a cockroach and a cat.. three cheers for them...


PS. if u are wondering dear bhai, you write VERY WELL.. anddddd ur story telling kinda gives me a complex... :P

keep it coming, i can read ur stuff for hours on... cos its the kind of relaxing reading that i havent come across much.

3 cheers for u as well!!!

god bless,
happy rakhi and love,
Meghna... :)

Unknown said...

hey bro..sorry i got to read this today only.. but it was really nice to read it.all i could say is keep writing keep it up.wish i could also present my feelings in such a nice way!:-)my best wishes to you now n always.. with lots of love.... DiDi:-)

Sumeet said...

@D. First.. hey,, thanks a lot(i am late in posting ,, so my apologies,, was busy u see...tumhari trah vella thode hi hun:P),, for appreciating my work,, :D,, nd as my frnds had suggested its a gift from me to u...:P...
I am happy to have ur comment on my blog...
I guess now,, u have some spare time,, out of ur, busy schedule,,so why not start blogging,, its fun,,,
Hope to see u soon...
Happy Rakshabandhan!

Sumeet said...

@ron: My appologie to u as well as i am commenting after a long time:(... u know hw busy we r..
"cant-remain-angry-with-people-I-love"
the catch here is,,that it is one of my biggest weakness,,,(must be the same with most of th ppl i guess)...nd thanku for writing a long,,one this time...it is almost a post in itself,,,but i liked the way uve put.
One of ur own posts will be about such a brother--- - and the "issues" that go out of the window .. etc,,plz,, update soon...:)

"u n ur sis sound pretty decent"- is absolutely wrong guess,,nd thus u loose the 1 crore Rs...he he he...my sis is a real ladaku kind of,, she always used to,,nd we used to make plans to,, fight with the school children who bothered us a lot...now to,,she is good,,:P,,

Ok nw bout my theme,, thanks again,, it is nothin new tech savy kind,, i just search on net nd upload th theme:D
Will keep on changing themes,, keeps me refreshed all the time i see my blog.

Sumeet said...

@Meggs: hunnn,, though i am commenting after a long time,, i wont be sorry for that,, coz,, uve not been commenting on my blog off late,, VERY BAD...
Uve been a good sis to me since i joined IMI,,, never knew if i could have one,, when i was new here,, THANKS FOR UR BLOG ON ME :D...the one uve written wen i gave u chocolates...:)....u are ust awesome...u will surely hv th opportunity to meet my sis ,,,ance i gt sm time,,out of our MBA schedule. nd ok,, when did Ron become ur sis,, he he,, didnt come to knoe,,,Keep growing the family tree,,all th best.
Keep blogging...i cant comment on ur blogs:( coz of th cyber roam...will try sm way out..:)